Who we are
The Neuroventis Services are managed by Neuroventis BV, a company incorporated under Belgian law.
Neuroventis Applications, namely Helpilepsy and MigraineManager, are health applications to help patient self-manage, understand and share their health data with their healthcare professional(s). The Neuroventis Dashboard is a web application for healthcare professionals to monitor, understand and manage their patients’ health.
The Neuroventis Platform is a software certified as a medical device under the European directive 93/42/EEC (CE-Class I) and the company Neuroventis is ISO13485 certified (Quality Management System for Medical Devices).
The Neuroventis Platform can never replace any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment .
Furthermore, please know that the healthcare professional does not analyze or perform any checks of the data in real-time. If you think you may have a medical emergency, please contact your physician or the emergency services immediately
When and how can you use the Neuroventis Services?
To subscribe to Neuroventis, you must provide us with some personal information and be at least 18 years old. if you’re younger than 18 years old (or depending on your country this might be lower, contact us for more information), your caregivers should register for you.
You may only use our service as it’s intended and you are together with us, responsible for the confidentiality of your use.
Also important to know:
Neuroventis will always remain the owner of the services (including the Neuroventis Services) and of all related intellectual property rights.
The liability of Neuroventis with regard to its services (including the Neuroventis Services) is excluded and limited to the maximum extent permitted by law and we do not provide any warranties.
If you need technical support, you can always send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Neuroventis Services are owned and managed by Neuroventis BV. A company incorporated under the laws of Belgium having its registered address at Groeneweg 35A, 3090 Overijse, Belgium, registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises, under company number BE0671531790 (hereinafter “Neuroventis”).
Where the Neuroventis Services or the website https://www.neuroventis.care, helpilepsy.com, migrainemanager.care draws on services from third parties, the terms and conditions of service delivery of the said third parties may apply. By using such services from a third party, you accept the applicable terms and conditions. Neuroventis declines all and any liability for the substance of the terms and conditions of the third parties.
“Account” means Your registered account that You created through the registration process through the Neuroventis Platform;
“Documentation” means the documents related to the use of the Neuroventis Services or the Neuroventis Platform made available to you by Neuroventis;
“Fees” means the fees paid by the individual user or by the health practitioner;
"Instruction for USE (IFU)"
Instruction for USE (IFU) refers to the information provided by the manufacturer to inform the user of a device's intended purpose and proper use and of any precautions to be taken
“Intellectual Property rights”
“Intellectual Property rights” are defined as any and all now known or hereafter existing: (a) rights associated with works of authorship, including copyrights, mask work rights, and moral rights; (b) trademark or service mark rights; (c) trade secret rights, know-how; (d) patents, patent rights, and industrial property rights; (e) layout design rights, design rights, (f) trade and business names, 4 domain names, database rights, rental rights and any other industrial or intellectual proprietary rights or similar right (whether registered or unregistered); (g) all registrations, applications for registration, renewals, extensions, divisions, improvements or reissues relating to any of these rights and the right to apply for, maintain and enforce any of the preceding items, in each case in any jurisdiction throughout the world;
“Neuroventis Application(s)” or “Neuroventis App”
“Neuroventis Application(s)” or “Neuroventis App” means the Android or iPhone smartphone health applications, Helpilepsy and MigraineManager and potentially other health applications owned by Neuroventis, to help patient self-manage, understand and share their health data with their healthcare professional(s);
“Neuroventis Dashboard” means the web application for healthcare professionals to monitor, understand and manage their patients’ health;
“Neuroventis Platform” means the Neuroventis Applications and the Neuroventis Dashboard;
“Neuroventis Product” shall have the meaning as set forth in Article 9;
“Neuroventis Services” means the entirety of the Neuroventis Platform and web interfaces;
“Personal Data” means any information about an identified or identifiable person;
“Third Party” means any natural or legal person or any entity that is not You or Neuroventis;
“User” means the users of the Neuroventis Applications or Neuroventis Dashboard;
“Website” refers to neuroventis.care, helpilepsy.com, migrainemanager.care.
The Neuroventis Platform is a medical device software that provides digital tools for patients and
healthcare professionals intended to manage neurological disorders. Through an application, patients
self-manage and understand the disorder, as well as share their data with their healthcare professionals. Through a dedicated software, the healthcare professionals monitor, understand and manage patients’ neurological disorders. It is provided by Neuroventis.
posted notices you should discontinue use of the Neuroventis Services.
The Neuroventis Platform is a medical device software to manage neurological disorders, for both patients/caregivers and the healthcare professional. The Neuroventis Platform comprises of:
The Neuroventis Applications; and
The Neuroventis Dashboard
All related webpages under the neuroventis.care, helpilepsy.com, migrainemanager.care, Helpilepsy.de, Helpilepsy.hu, epione.care domains
In order to use the Neuroventis Applications or Neuroventis Dashboard, as described below, you need to create a personal Account by providing Personal Data (i.e. name). You need to provide your email address as a username and create a password to protect your data. As a security layer, you will be urged to confirm your email address.
The Neuroventis Services are available in the European countries covered by CE regulation and other countries that also follow CE regulation. The Neuroventis Platform is also available in non-European countries where the regulation permits it.
More details on how to use the Neuroventis Platform can be found in the Instructions for Use (IFU) .
Your personal data is collected in order to provide you with the Neuroventis Services, feedback, customer care, marketing, non-commercial communications, for research activities, to manage and improve our Neuroventis Services and for legal obligations.
In order to use the Neuroventis Services, you must be a natural person and be at least 18 years old. if you’re younger than 18 years old (or depending on your country this might be lower, contact us for more information), your caregivers should register for you.
In order to use all functionalities of the Neuroventis Platform, you will need Wi-Fi on your mobile device or mobile Internet connection. Access to Wi-Fi or a mobile Internet connection is your own responsibility. Please make sure your mobile device complies with the minimum system requirements as specified on the download page. If your mobile device does not meet these minimum system requirements, we are unable to guarantee that the Neuroventis Platform will work properly. Neuroventis declines all and any liability for loss or damage due to the fact that you failed to comply with the aforesaid requirements
Neuroventis recommends you to read the Instructions for Use before you use the Neuroventis Services. Please note that the Neuroventis Services are not directed towards and may not be used by minors The Neuroventis Applications are intended to self-manage and understand the neurological disorder. Warning message are presented in the IFU
You are co-responsible to uphold the confidentiality and security of the login data of your Account, such as your password
You are wholly responsible for all activities carried on by you under your Account You accept to immediately notify Neuroventis of any unauthorized use of your Account or of any other security breaches. Neuroventis declines all and any liability for loss or damage due to the fact that you failed to comply with the aforesaid requirements
During your usage period, we may, in our sole discretion, provide you with updates. For the avoidance of doubt, we are not obligated to provide any updates of the Neuroventis Services.
- Make the Neuroventis Services and/or additional provided documentation available or to sell or rent the Neuroventis Services and/or additional provided documentation to any third parties, without explicit written consent of us;
- Adapt, alter, translate or modify in any manner the Neuroventis Services or additional provided documentation;
- Sublicense, lease, rent, loan, distribute, or otherwise transfer the Neuroventis Services or additional provided documentation to any third party;
- Decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise derive or determine or attempt to derive or determine the source code (or the underlying ideas, concepts, algorithms, structure or organization) of the Neuroventis Services or additional provided documentation, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation;
- Use or copy the Neuroventis Services or additional provided documentation except as expressly allowed under this Article 8;
- Gain unauthorized access to Accounts of other users or the IT equipment or structure of us to provide the Neuroventis Services or additional provided documentation or use the Neuroventis Services or additional provided documentation to conduct or promote any illegal activities;
- Use the Neuroventis Services or additional provided documentation to generate unsolicited email advertisements or spam;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Use any high volume automatic, electronic or manual process to access, search or harvest information from the Neuroventis Services or additional provided documentation (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts);
- Alter, remove, or obscure any copyright notice, digital watermarks, proprietary legends or other notice included in the Neuroventis Services or additional provided documentation;
- Intentionally distribute any worms, Trojan horses, corrupted files, or other items of a destructive or deceptive nature or use the Neuroventis Services or additional provided documentation for any unlawful, invasive, infringing, defamatory or fraudulent purpose; or
- Remove or in any manner circumvent any technical or other protective measures in the Neuroventis Services or additional provided documentation.
Except as expressly set forth herein, no express or implied license or right of any kind is granted to you regarding the Neuroventis Services or additional provided documentation or any part thereof, including but not limited to any right to obtain possession of any source code, data or other technical material relating to the Neuroventis Services
By uploading, creating or otherwise providing information, data or images on or through the Neuroventis Services ("User Content"), and without prejudice to the provisions of our Privacy Notice, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, sublicensable, transferable, license to use, copy, store, modify, transmit and display User Content to the extent necessary to provide and maintain the Neuroventis Services.
As between you and us, the Neuroventis Services, our Websites and all additional documentation provide, all worldwide Intellectual Property Rights pertaining thereto, are the exclusive property of us and/or its licensors.
It is expressly understood, acknowledged and agreed that you shall, regardless of whether or not formally requested to do, provide to Neuroventisreasonable suggestions, comments and feedback regarding the Neuroventis Services, including but not limited to usability and test results (collectively, “Feedback”). If you provide such Feedback to Neuroventis, you shall grant Neuroventisthe following worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, fully paid up rights:
- to make, use, copy, modify, sell, distribute, sub-license, and create derivative works of, the Feedback as part of any Neuroventis Product, technology, services (including the “Neuroventis Services”), specification or other documentation (individually and collectively, " Neuroventis Product(s)");
- to publicly perform or display, import, broadcast, transmit, distribute, license, offer to sell, and sell, rent, lease or lend copies of the Feedback (and derivative works thereof) as part of any Neuroventis Product;
Further, you warrant that its Feedback is not subject to any license terms that would purport to require Neuroventis to comply with any additional obligations with respect to any Neuroventis Products that incorporate any Feedback.
As mentioned in the general terms and conditions or in the relevant license agreement, you will have to pay the relevant Fees pursuant to the payment conditions set forth therein in order to be able to use the Neuroventis Services
Suspension for breach
Suspension for non-payment
If you do not timely pay the fees (if applicable), Neuroventis might automatically suspend your use of the Neuroventis Services. The duration of such suspension will continue until all breaches have been cured.
To the extent permitted by law, Neuroventis accepts no liability for any failure to maintain the Application and/or provide or deliver the Content in a timely manner
The Neuroventis Platform may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors, including with respect to the Fees. We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the content and services offered on our Neuroventis Platform. Furthermore, we expressly reserve the right to correct any erroneous information on the Neuroventis Platform.
We are not liable in any way for any damages resulting from Your acts or omissions based on the content available on the Neuroventis Platform. We shall also not be liable for any acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, violations or omissions of third party independent service providers.
Except as expressly provided in this Article 13 and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law or obtained certification, the Neuroventis Services are provided "AS IS" and we make no (and hereby disclaim all) other warranties, covenants or representations, or conditions, whether written, oral, express or implied including, without limitation, any implied warranties of course of dealing, trade usage or practice, merchantability, suitability, availability, title, noninfringement, with respect to the use, misuse, or inability to use the Neuroventis Services (in whole or in part) or any other products or services provided to you by us. We do not warrant that: We do not warrant that:
- All errors can be corrected, or that access to or operation of the Neuroventis Services shall be uninterrupted, secure, or error-free;
- The information available on or transmitted by the Neuroventis Services, is true, complete or accurate
You specifically acknowledge and agree that we cannot be held liable for any healthcare or related decisions made by you or your physician based upon the Neuroventis Services. You acknowledge and agree that your physician, and not we, is solely responsible for the interpretation of your data or other healthcare information related to you
You expressly acknowledge and agree that your use of the Neuroventis Services is at your sole risk. You acknowledge and agree that there are risks inherent to transmitting information over and storing information on the internet and that we are not responsible for any losses of your data in connection therewith.
We shall defend and indemnify you as specified herein against any founded and well-substantiated claims brought by third parties to the extent such claim is based on an infringement of the Intellectual Property Rights of such third party by the Neuroventis Services and excluding any claims resulting from:
- Your unauthorized use of the Neuroventis Services;
- Your or any third party's modification of any of the Neuroventis Services, our Website or additional provided documentation;
- Your failure to use the most recent version of the Neuroventis Services made available to you, or your failure to install any corrections or updates to the Neuroventis Services issued by us, if we indicated that such update or correction was required to prevent a potential infringement;
- Your use of the Neuroventis Services in combination with any non-Neuroventis Products or services.
Such indemnity obligation shall be conditional upon the following
- We are given prompt written notice of any such claim;
- We are granted sole control of the defense and settlement of such a claim;
- Upon our request, you fully cooperate with us in the defense and settlement of such a claim, at our expense;
- You make no admission as to our liability in respect of such a claim, nor do you agree to any settlement in respect of such a claim without our prior written consent.
Provided these conditions are met, we shall indemnify you for all damages and costs incurred by you as a result of such a claim, as awarded by a competent court of final instance, or as agreed to you pursuant to a settlement agreement.
In the event the Neuroventis Services, in our reasonable opinion, are likely to or become the subject of a third-party infringement claim, we shall have the right, at our sole option and expense, to:
- Modify the ((allegedly) infringing part of the) Neuroventis Services so that they become non-infringing while preserving equivalent functionality;
- terminate the Licence and pay to you an amount equal to a pro rata portion of the Fees for that portion of the Neuroventis Services which is the subject of such infringement
The foregoing states the entire liability and obligation of us and the sole remedy of you with respect to any infringement or alleged infringement of any Intellectual Property Rights caused by the Neuroventis Services or any part thereof
By the User
You represent and warrant us that (a) you have the authority to enter into this binding agreement personally and (b) that any User Content provided by you for the use of the Neuroventis Services is accurate and truthful and shall not (i) infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of third parties; (ii) misappropriate any trade secret; (iii) be deceptive, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or unlawful; (iv) contain any viruses, worms or other malicious computer programming codes intended to damage our system or data; or (v) otherwise violate the rights of a Third Party.
You agree and acknowledge that we are not obligated to back up any User Content. You agree that any use of the Neuroventis Services contrary to or in violation of the representations and warranties of you in this Article constitutes unauthorized and improper use of the Neuroventis Services.
We reserve the right at any time, with or without cause and without prior notice and liability to You:
- To modify the Neuroventis Services. This includes removing or discontinuing, temporarily or permanently, any service or other feature of the Neuroventis Services without any liability to the User or any third parties; and/or
- To deny or discontinue, in part, temporarily or permanently, your use of and/or access to the Neuroventis Services.
Termination for breach.
Right of withdrawal.
Right of withdrawal. Pursuant to Book VI Market Practices and Consumer Protection of the Belgian Economic Law Code (ELC), every customer (in his capacity as a consumer) has a right of withdrawal within 14 days with regard to products and/or services purchased via the Internet, by e-mail or by telephone.
Effects of termination.
All notices from us intended for receipt by you shall be deemed delivered and effective when sent to the email address provided by you on your Account or via Push Notification on your smartphone. If you change this email address, you must update your email address on your settings page (profile) of the Neuroventis Platform
Governing law and jurisdiction